Monday 17 July 2006

Corporate

Why? Why did I go to the movie? At times, believing in gut feeling makes you run into troubles. I had made it habit to consciously avoid Hindi Cinema. Yet, this time, I defied my conscious. Boo-Hoo! What a movie!

Review comments about the film like 'Eye Opener', 'Unleashing Reality and Truth' are truly funny. My take: Not Even worth a Bottle Opener.

Frankly speaking, I would like to quote one of my co-sufferer, about the essence of the film: Young damsels are whore, the older variety are pimp and all men lecher. What the hell! I reckon, the movie wanted to paint the picture that doing business means only two things- earning profit unethically (only) and molesting the fairer colleagues!

What else? Corporate Espionage. Very well. It rocks. It's done everywhere. Even in schools, for the petty science projects. But that's for taking a cue of their future plans so that you get a lead. No one on the earth just steals the idea that blatantly. She copied (Oh Gawd! their was a Flash animation running on the screen to show the meagre copy) not only the plan but also placed order to the same vendors the rivals had done! Didn't her Management School teach her even that?

There is more to it. A VP is elbowed out, just like that. A big Window, Nudged, and that's it! Oh God!

Yes, political clout and corruption exists. It's an essential part of democracy. Unavoidable. In fact, that's the reason why an erstwhile Fuel Pump Vendor rose to be the Business Mogul of Indian Private Sector. It has been depicted well. Kudos for that.

Only positive thing I noticed was SGi group CEO's stand: When Profiteering becomes Obsession, I'm not in. That's like a seasoned and shrewd businessman. Thinking long-term by agreeing to digest immediate setback. It's always better to take sabbatical than allowing sabotaging the image and consequently, career. Appreciable.

Corporate Life is no Red Carpet. It's taxing, relentless and unforgiving. It doesn't have space for emotions. Ethics are compromised for profits and advantages. I agree. However, there is a limit to it. Had it been the movie way, none of the industrialised nations would have witness the growth. Corporate Prowess exists. I can say that from my personal experience. Rest Assured, especially, the greenhorn MBA gards.

Statutory Warning: The view Expressed are personal, hence, Baised and Judgemental.

No comments: